[MacDV] New hard drive won't mount

animal animal at cuug.ab.ca
Thu May 12 10:33:42 PDT 2005

A few years ago, we had problems with an ADS hard drive.  The printed
instructions for attaching the ribbon cable (red line on ribbon cable
closest to the power supply) were actually backwards.  I don't know if
that will help your issue, but attaching it correctly cleared up our
problems.

Also we recenty purchased a new ADS hard drive which turned out to be
over eight years old and was DOA.  After a few phone calls, ADS
replaced it (sending back a broken case though).  The older enclosures
(This one had 3 firewire plug ins which ADS said indicated it was an
older one vs the newer ones with 2) will only recognize 120GB drives
and smaller.

We never use the CD's or drivers that come with external hard drives.

Lynn

Producer of the upcoming eerie action thriller "Search Dog's Raven"
(SearchDogsRaven.com)

...Any search can turn deadly, as a young woman and her wilderness
search dog are lured down a dangerous trail...