[MacDV] Recommendations for a video card too

SLarsonIH at aol.com SLarsonIH at aol.com
Sun May 15 00:12:58 PDT 2005

Besides looking for the Analog to Digital converter, I am looking to upgrade
the video card as well if needed. My MDD has a NVidia GeForce 4MX w/32MB of
ram in it. Would a different or second video card be advantageous for doing
video. If so, what is a good card to install? My brother raves about his ATI All
in Wonder card, but I don't think they made it for Macs. I'm not a gamer, so
I'm wondering if a second card like what I have would be more important than a
real hot card. Having two monitors is important, but what does the really fast
video card give me? Am I wrong about that? In the overall scheme of things,
what should I really be looking for, for doing video. I have the software, lots
of hard drive space, plan to max out the ram and get the fastest dual
processor card available.

STeve