[MacDV] Recommendations for a video card too

Gregg Gorrie ggorrie at telus.net
Sun May 15 00:44:28 PDT 2005

on 5/15/05 12:12 AM, SLarsonIH at aol.com at SLarsonIH at aol.com wrote:

> Besides looking for the Analog to Digital converter, I am looking to
> upgrade
> the video card as well if needed. My MDD has a NVidia GeForce 4MX
> w/32MB of
> ram in it. Would a different or second video card be advantageous for
> doing
> video. If so, what is a good card to install? My brother raves about
> his ATI
> All
> in Wonder card, but I don't think they made it for Macs.

The ATI VR128 video card was the Mac version of the All In Wonder card.
still use one in my old upgraded clone (Umax S900 with G4/400
processor).
It's only 16MB, so quite limited by today's standards, but it does have
the
TV tuner in it which I find handy sometimes. Also, as far as I know, the
software is only supported in OS9.

If you have an older Mac kicking around it might be worth hunting one
down
on e-Bay just for this purpose.

Two separate video cards was the way to go a couple of years ago, but
now a
number of video cards come with multiple outputs (and of course they
only
use one PCI slot).
--
Gregg