[MacDV] Recommendations for a video card too

SLarsonIH at aol.com SLarsonIH at aol.com
Sun May 15 00:12:58 PDT 2005

Besides looking for the Analog to Digital converter, I am looking to
upgrade
the video card as well if needed. My MDD has a NVidia GeForce 4MX
w/32MB of
ram in it. Would a different or second video card be advantageous for
doing
video. If so, what is a good card to install? My brother raves about
his ATI All
in Wonder card, but I don't think they made it for Macs. I'm not a
gamer, so
I'm wondering if a second card like what I have would be more important
than a
real hot card. Having two monitors is important, but what does the
really fast
video card give me? Am I wrong about that? In the overall scheme of
things,
what should I really be looking for, for doing video. I have the
software, lots
of hard drive space, plan to max out the ram and get the fastest dual
processor card available.

STeve

Listmom is trying to clean out his closets! Vintage Mac and random
stuff: