[MacDV] Re: How to Trace Route on Map in FCP HD?

Tim Selander selander at tkf.att.ne.jp
Tue May 17 07:58:30 PDT 2005

> On [2005-May-15]  Tony Fincham <tfincham at bigpond.net.au> wrote:

>>How can I do that please in the simplest way? Is there more than one
>>way? At the moment it is defeating me on how one can to do it. Can I do
>>it within FCP, or does it need an external program? I have Photoshop.

If 'simplest way' is really what you want, make a copy of your scanned
map and in Photoshop, or any similar software, draw a red line tracing
your route. Now import and cut the two maps into V1 and V2, plain map on
top, red line map on bottom. Use a wipe on the top map and the red line
on the map below will appear to be moving. If your route is east to
west, wipe righ to left. If the route is north to south, wipe from top
to bottom, etc.

Tim Selander
Tokyo, Japan