[MacDV] Burning a DVD via a disc image...

Brett Conlon brett_conlon at sonymusic.com.au
Tue May 17 17:30:42 PDT 2005

If you've trashed your project files and all you have is your DVD copy
then making a disc image for burning to another disc is one of the best
options you have.

Coj

Brian Olesky <brian4 at sbcglobal.net>

On 5/17/05 3:47 PM, "macminialacool at mac.com" <macminialacool at mac.com>
wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I created a DVD project in iDVD 5 that I later exported as a disc image
> as a way to archive the project. Now I'd like to take that disc image
> and burn additional copies of the DVD project but when I do so it just
> creates a data DVD of the .img file.
>
> Does anyone know how I can create a playable DVD?

I'm curious why you want to do this. I occasionally use iMovie and iDVD to
create DVDs, which always seem to work fine, and IIRC, when I need to make
another copy of the DVD I just go into my files, reopen the project, and
burn another. Why would I want to go to the intermediate step of creating
disc image? Does it have something to do with saving space on my hard
drive?

As I said, just curious,
Brian