[MacDV] SF Cutters meeting Wed. May 25th-This is SF's FCP user group

Ted Langdell ted at tedlangdell.com
Tue May 17 17:33:38 PDT 2005

Ted Langdell
Marysville, CA
Main:  	(530) 741-1212

Those of you in the San Francisco area might want to check this out
next week.

The group is the San Francisco Final Cut Pro user group and co-sponsors
the big FCP shebang during Macworld in January.

http://www.sfcutters.org

Ted.

Feel free to pass this message along, post on other lists.

SF Cutters Meeting
Wednesday, May  25, 2005
Location dvGarage, 785 Market, SF,
Market and 4th (Powell Muni and BART stop)
between Bank of America ATM and Ross
2nd Floor use the stairs or elevator to 2nd floor

$5 to get in, includes 1 raffle ticket

Very Important to Note:

Social time will begin at 6:30 pm, and the doors will close for entry
at 7:00 pm

Entry to the meeting will not be possible from the street after 7:00
pm. We are anticipating a large turnout so please come on time. Also,
due to limited space, our refreshments will be limited to water, so
please bring your snack if this a difficulty for you. Join us after the
meeting at a local bar/eatery TBA.

Evening’s Agenda:
Compressor 2 and Final Cut Pro 5

6:30 arrive and network

7:00 Announcements
7:10 Thomas Luehrsen Explains Compressor2

Thomas is an award-winning producer of interactive video, web video,
DVDs and CD-Roms.
http://www.elmwoodstudios.com
He is a long time member of SF Cutters, most recently working for Apple
on the documentation for Compressor 2. Thomas has been gracious to
present this essential internal application of Final Cut Pro 5 which
often escapes the headlines.
For more information about Thomas and his work:
http://www.elmwoodstudios.com/apple/apple.html

7:40 Break

7:50 Special Mystery Guest Presenting Final Cut Pro 5

8:45 Raffle

9:00 Meeting End – Social at a local watering hole TBA,
RSVP sfcutters at yahoo.com if you will be joining us after the meeting
put RSVP in the subject and tell me how many

Some of the Raffle this month:

2 DVDs from Thinkstock Footage.

  Flip4Mac WMV Studio Pro ($179 value) - plug-ins that enable you to
import, export and play SD and HD Windows Media from within
QuickTime-based applications.

Motion Graphics and Effects in Final Cut Pro
By Kevin Monahan Peachpit Press ISBN: 0321179153
Signed by Kevin

Motion for Mac OS X: Visual QuickStart Guide
By Mark Spencer Peachpit Press ISBN: 0321294580
Signed by Mark

Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger: Peachpit Learning Series
By Robin Williams Peachpit Press
ISBN: 0321330226

Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger: Visual QuickStart Guide
By Maria Langer Peachpit Press
ISBN: 0321305264; Published: Apr 26, 2005

Feel free to pass this message along, post on other lists.

Many thanks to our current sponsors: Tao of Mac, dvGarage, Digital
Revolution, Flip4Mac, Thinkstock Footage, Peachpit Press, Oreilly
Books, CMP Books, Primary Elements, Total Training

Thanks so much to Philip Hodgetts, our April post NAB guest,
http://www.intelligentassistance.com/
for his insights into the newest features of Final Cut Pro 5 and the
best ways to master the many facets of this powerful program