[MacDV] Apple X8 DVD-R

Mark M. Florida markf at squareblue.com
Thu May 19 21:54:14 PDT 2005

If you have at least a 4x burner, you're fine -- you'll be able to burn
at least 4x with media rated at 4x and faster.  If you have only a 2x
drive, then you can only burn 1x with most of the media out there
(unless you install it in a Windoze box temporarily to update the
firmware) -- it has to EXPLICITLY say it's 2x media, and it's usually
more expensive... Go figure -- the slower media is more expensive!

(guess I'm just "reminscing" about my old 2x SuperDrive that could only
burn at 1x when my 2x media supply dried up)

- Mark