[MacDV] erasing miniDV tapes

Brett Conlon brett_conlon at sonymusic.com.au
Tue May 24 22:07:42 PDT 2005

Wow, that sounds very strange that your camera can't write over a
previously used tape. That means if you were to use an old tape to record
new footage you'd get bits of the old footage within it?

... makes it more expensive for you, eh?

Coj

rgb at ellerbach.com

Any recomendations for a non-camera (bulk) tape erasing tool? When I reuse
a tape in my Canon ZR60 it often doesn't overwrite the previously recorded
scenes fully; like the write-strength of the heads isn't enough if there
is already something recorded on the tape. Weird. But maybe if the tape
was fully erased by something better the tape could be used again? I've
got a number of tapes where the original material isn't worth
archiving/saving and it'd be really good if I could reliably use the tape
again.

Rich