[MacDV] vhs conversion

Richard Meyeroff rem at meyeroff-c-c.com
Thu May 26 08:15:39 PDT 2005

I am looking to take many vhs tapes and convert them to a format that
I can edit on my macintosh.
Dual 1gh G4

my research on the web leads me to 2 items
1 Canopus ADVC 110
2 Migla Directors Cut SCART

does anyone have experience with either or both of these devices and
their success or lack of success?

How much disk space might I need to digitize about 250 6 hour tapes
delete what is not needed and then burn whats left to DVD.  I don't
intend to just move all of the tapes to DV and the get rid of what is
needed but to take each tape keep what I want and then durn to dvd.
--
Have a Happy and Enjoy

Richard E. Meyeroff
Meyeroff Computer Consultants
917-586-8790
REM at Meyeroff-C-C.com
Member  Apple Consultants Network  ACHDS

The Answer to your Computer Questions & Needs