[MacDV] vhs conversion

Nick Scalise nickscalise at mac.com
Thu May 26 12:44:54 PDT 2005

On Thursday, May 26, 2005, at 11:52AM, Patty Winter <patty1 at sonic.net> wrote:

>Jamie already answered the question about disk space, so I'll just
>put in another recommendation for the Canopus A/D converter. I have
>an ADVC-100 as well, and it works great.

One more vote for the ADVC-100 from me.

Also, the ADVC-100 will defeat Macrovision'ed tapes too. I do not know if this functionality has survived through to the ADVC-110. Helped me transfer some movies to DVD that would not play on the living room vcr, happy kids now...

Thirdly, Canopus advertises Audio Sync Lock, said to keep audio in sync over longer captures.

Q: Has anyone that is *not* using a Canopus unit ever experienced their audio going out of sync on longer analog captures? Just curious if Canopus actually has an advantage or not.

--
Nick Scalise
nickscalise at mac.com