[MacDV] Hard Drive Preference

Nick Scalise nickscalise at mac.com
Sat May 28 08:44:17 PDT 2005

According to the page:

> The BootROM of Power Mac G4 (Mirrored Drive Doors), Xserve, Power
> Mac G5, and any other model introduced after June 2002 can
> accommodate these larger drives.

So I would say that you would not be able to install the drive inside
of your Sawtooth and have the OS be able to see the whole 300 GB.

However, there are two solutions to this issue:

1) Put the drive in a compatible firewire case (some cases also do
not support more than 128GB)

2) Put in an additional ATA PCI card in your machine that will
support the larger drive.