[MacDV] Re: VHS (ultimately) to DVD)--MacDV Digest, Vol 10, Issue 44

tmeyer at lps.org tmeyer at lps.org
Sat May 28 12:21:41 PDT 2005

Last fall I purchased a Panasonic DMR E85H DVR. It has a 120 Gig hard drive that will record up to 210 hours of programming at EP mode. It will record up to 32x using the EP mode. I use DVD-r media and have had no trouble playing it on my ibook, Sony DVD player, as well as a few other brands. I weekly record TV programs and movies from cable and dub them on to a disk to send to my son who is in the Army in Iraq. He plays them on his portable DVD player as well as on a company DVD player in their common area. He has reported that they play quite well. I have recorded HBO High Definition movies and am very impressed with the quality on the XP mode when making a DVD. I have used Toast 6 Titanium and copied multiple disks with no problem. The panasonic unit has TV Guide programming built in and can be programmed to record like a Tivo or Cable company DVR although it is a little more primitive in the on screen travels.

Just a few of my observations.

Tom Meyer