[MacDV] Recording TV to Mac

James Asherman jimash at optonline.net
Sat May 28 13:13:40 PDT 2005

On May 28, 2005, at 3:46 PM, Don Hinkle wrote:

> I wish some smart layperson, (David Pogue?) would write a User's guide
> on this kind of thing so I'd know exactly what it does and how to use
> it... as it is, I don't understand.
>
> -donald henry hinkle

I'm not gonna rewire my whole system for a lark but...
  with this recorder or a comparable one,
you can record shows and then feed them into your Mac for editing or
compilation.
You can  make a DVD much faster than iDVD if you don't need the extras.
And I would bet dollars to donuts that you could tune it to a TV station
and feed the signal via firewire to iMovie or transcode a VHs VCR with
it or any number of arcane and useful setups.
It is pretty pliable.