[MacDV] Recording TV to Mac

Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Sat May 28 15:55:05 PDT 2005

 From my point of view, this is a very shortsighted way to record TV.
Who says we want to burn DVDs of every BLOATED FUZZY MPEG-2 file
coming down the pike? From my point of view, if you don't buy a DivX
compatible HD-DVD Player you are wasting your money.

<http://www.divx.com/hardware/?src=toptab_hardware_from_/divx/player/
index.php>

and

<http://www.divx.com/hardware/browse.php?c=7>

The Tiger version of DivX is right around the corner. Meanwhile there
are a ton of 350 MB (1 commercials are already edited out hour=43
minutes) HDTV Dolby Digital 5.1 shows on the web already encoded and
ready for playing. The stuff looks better than SD DirecTV digital
feeds on any old Mac display. I can fit 12 episodes of CSI in HD on
one single layer 4.4 GB DVD-R disc. That's 8 hours of High Definition
TV programming on a 15¢ DVD-R disc. I can put all of Quinten
Tarentino's CSI Masterpiece "Grave Danger" on a 700 MB CD-R.

<http://www.divx.com/divx/mac/?521cmp=endivxmacen>

You guys and girls are stuck in the stone age. Get with the
technological developments of the day please.

Now please don't mistake my passion for insult. That is not my
intention. I'm just very excited about this stuff I have only
recently discovered myself. OK? No harm intended.