[MacDV] Powermac G5 Dual 2.3

Freeman, Colt cfreeman at liberty.edu
Tue May 31 13:41:08 PDT 2005

I'm on a brand new Dual 2.3 (Got it the day tiger came out) with 2.5GB Ram and the upgraded Nvidia Card running dual samsung 19in CRT's. No problems so far, whisper quiet; though it heats the room up fairly quickly. The only issue I have is with firewire devices, I had to reset the PMU once to get my external HD and Deck to work again. It unmounts quickly and mounts fairly quickly except for the tape deck sometimes won't be recognized the first time I turn it on.

These slight firewire issues may be due to having not upgraded to 10.4.1, but I don't have anything other than 56k at home rather than my college line.

My 2 bits,
-Colt