[MacDV] Importing from DVD

Mark M. Florida markf at squareblue.com
Sat Oct 1 17:03:09 PDT 2005

You can always digitize again from the DVD, but you will lose A LOT of
quality since the DVD is highly compressed MPEG-2.

I'd say burn the edited version to DVD and keep the original tapes
around if you ever need the footage again.

Or...  You could use Toast 7's new "spanning" feature and burn your
iMovie and iDVD projects across multiple discs.  Toast 7 will break up
large files/folders into chunks small enough to fit on a CD-R or DVD-R,
and it puts a little restore app on each disc in the set for restoration
of the whole archive or individual files or folders.  I haven't tried
this first-hand yet, but hope to soon when my company gets around to
getting the upgrade.  :-)

- Mark