[MacDV] In order to free up space on boot drive...

Brett Conlon/HU/Music-AU/SONY brett.conlon at SonyDADC.com
Mon Oct 3 23:58:29 PDT 2005

Hiya,

If you ever want to repair file permissions I suggest you leave the
receipts alone.

Disk Utility uses this folder to determine what permissions should be set
for what application.

This folder should be quite small in size any way. If you're that
desperate for space then I suggest you get another drive.

Other things you can do to alleviate space is to run Monolingual (check
versiontracker.com) to remove unwanted languages. you can also remove
unwanted Printer files (esp. PPDs).

Oh, the /Library/Packages folder holds any software you have downloaded
via Apple's Software updates. While it is good to have these for future
use, if needed, once they are installed they can be removed. This folder
could be large in size.

Cheers,

Coj

Lanny Cotler <lcotler at willitsonline.com>

I need to free up space on my boot drive partition. Anyone know what
the "receipts" folder in the Library are used for? Can I dump them?

thanks,