[MacDV] FCP EDL to AVID

Colt Freeman cfreeman at liberty.edu
Fri Oct 14 12:58:01 PDT 2005

Hey,
Ok, I have a problem I'm trying to export a FCP 5 EDL to Avid Composer. My
problem, I copy the EDL and the Music files to Avid and re-import the
footage. When I use the EDL manager to create a sequence it does so with
what looks like the proper cuts. The only problem is re-linking the media, I
called both clips the same thing but it's unable to find it. I've tried
right clicking on the sequence and going to relink and pointing it to the
correct drive where the omf is but no luck.
Thanks,
-Colt
The Apple Comp is a dual 2.3 G5 running Tiger and FCPS
The PC is a Dell workstation Dual 3ghz running whatever is the newest
Composer version (Not HD though)