[MacDV] Mac Repair Update

animal animal at cuug.ab.ca
Thu Oct 27 11:47:45 PDT 2005

Spoke too soon.  After 30 minutes of use, the repaired G5 2.3 (logic
board bad, 2nd logic board bad and original processor replaced) again
froze and demonstrated the same problems.  Freezing every 10 - 20
minutes.  New files vanishing.  Plus it now won't hold the date and
time.  Plus when the system freezes, the fans keep accelerating (no
software to control them) to the point where it sounds like the
computer will explode.

If your system freezes, you must hold the power button for over ten
seconds on the tower, to turn it off.  Do not leave the computer before
resolving this.  Otherwise your fans may accelerate.

So two days later, we now have a new replacement G5.  We refused the
techs offer to transfer software and other files as they're all likely
corrupted after 100's of freezes.

So after reinstalling all software, calling the internet provider
(wouldn't accept new IP), software upgrade and phone calls to Adobe for
confirmation codes for updates, the G5 is still working.

We are begging the computer gods to spare us this time.

Lynn

The Upcoming Action Thriller "Search Dog's Raven" (SearchDogsRaven.com)
Tells the Eerie Story of a Wilderness Search Dog Team known as 'Lost
Raven'.

...Any search can turn deadly, as a young woman and her wilderness
search dog are lured down a dangerous trail...