Re: [MacDV] Re:  Tiger

Steve Robertson stever at mindspring.com
Sun Sep 18 05:57:43 PDT 2005

I recently bought a Mac Mini. Used a FireWire cable to transfer
personal files from my old iMac (800MHz G4 – the half bowling ball
style). Upgraded the OS to 10.4.2. All worked well for a month or
more, then I started getting enough Finder crashes to be annoying.
The desktop just disappears and is replaced with a blue screen. I
have to hold down the power button until the computer shuts down.

Around the time these crashes started, I downloaded the latest
versions of iTunes and QuickTime. The only other change was that I
started using my Epson R300 with the new Mini. Didn't have to install
a driver, but I checked the Epson web site and found that they do not
have a driver yet specifically for OS 10.4.2.

I use Macaroni to handle the Unix housekeeping.

Anybody else experiencing Finder crashes in Tiger? I'm hoping some
future update from Apple will cure this problem. Don't have any idea
where to start looking for a solution myself.

Thanks,
Steve R.