[MacDV] Re:   Tiger

Gregg Gorrie ggorrie at telus.net
Mon Sep 19 13:20:22 PDT 2005

on 9/19/05 10:14 AM, Spud0812 at aol.com at Spud0812 at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 9/19/05 9:15:10 AM, markf at squareblue.com writes:
>

>> there's no such thing as G5 iMac!
>>
>> But there is such a thing as crack cocaine, and I think you're smoking
>> it.
>> So I made a mistake...I mistook a Notebook for a desktop, and then I
>> confused a browser name with an operating system...well, be it planned
>> obsolescence
>> or whatever, (Apple's incessant upgrades) I dont have much time to keep up
>> with the various bells and whistles...I am still stunned by the response
>> here.
>> I thought the object of this list group was to help one another? God forbid
>> you should ever be admonished for your "stupid questions" !!

You aren't being admonished for asking "stupid questions" - it's because you
emphatically tried to correct someone else when they were trying to help you
("there's no such thing as G5 iMac!" - note the exclamation mark) when you
obviously (and admittedly) didn't know what you were talking about.

It made you a target too easy to pass up ... take your foot out of your
mouth, give a little more specific background information (ie operating
system version, software version, computer model, etc.) when you ask your
questions, and you'll find there are many knowledgeable people on the list
willing to help you out.

--
Gregg