[MacDV] Recording broadcast TV in HD

Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Mon Sep 26 15:46:47 PDT 2005

It is for off air and digital cable. I use it for off air. Haven't
hooked it to cable. But ElGato says Cable systems don't encrypt
digital broadcast signals yet. It does have a digital cable an off
air tuner in it. And it has a Strength-Quality meter built in to make
it easy to adjust an antennae. Yes it is not for satellite. Don't you
have off air HDTV where you live? Off air is the best quality - true
1920 x 1080 or 720. Cable and Satellite are typically FAKE reduced
resolution. Same with sets. Most are FAKE lower res interpolation
schemes.
--
Taylor Barcroft http://www.blogger.com/profile/11159903
New Media Publisher, Editor, Video Journalist, Webcaster, Futurecaster