[MacDV] security

Brett Conlon brett.conlon at SonyDADC.com
Mon Sep 26 19:19:50 PDT 2005

How long did you leave the mac booting up?

Some times it takes a while after an update to boot up. And sometimes I've
not gotten to the login screen straight after running an update and had to
shut down for a few seconds, but the second time booting up was OK.

Try Zapping the PRAM.

Coj

Ray Statham <raystatham at shaw.ca>

There seems to be a law that when you're in the middle of an important
project things go wrong.

I just installed the software updates for iTunes and Security. After I
clicked 'restart' the grey screen with the Apple logo appeared but it
won't
go past that to the login window. I've rebooted with scanner, printer etc.
unplugged but I can't get past the grey screen. I ran fsck -y and fsck -f
commands from the Unix screen and it says the hard drive appears to be ok.
can't reboot from the Tiger discs because the cd player won't open. Can
anyone help? I'm desperate; all the dealers and service people are closed
for the night. I don't know if there are any issues with the Security
update
or not, but something happened immediately after the install.

I'm running a 1 gig G4 tower with OS X 3.9

Thanks for any help.

Ray