[MacDV] Exporting avi from iMovie

rgb at ellerbach.com rgb at ellerbach.com
Wed Sep 28 08:59:55 PDT 2005

On Wed, September 28, 2005 11:43 am, James Asherman said:

> This is actually the native format of iMovie and just represents
>   .dv regular DV video just like on a tape w/ sound connected.
> Should be right there in the list of codecs available for export.
>
> This AVI thing is a problem in which you are not alone.

Ain't *that* the truth! I'm just relatively lucky that the only clips I've
needed to produce were short ones.

OP: Do you know what tool is used on the PC-side to produce the .wmv file
from the .avi input? Maybe someone here will know how well it plays with
DV stream (or other codecs) and you can use something more accessible than
avi.

Rich