[MacDV] 352x240 video

whoisquilty whoisquilty at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 07:30:29 PDT 2006

I've got a home-authored DVD that contains video that is 352x240. It
upsizes automatically on a television screen to the proper size.

I want to rip some of the video from it, convert it to Quicktime, fix
some black levels and color issues and audio issues, then reauthor to
DVD.

However, I'm having problems with the smaller size video. I used
DVDxDV to convert video from a DVD to Quicktime movie. It comes out as
352x240. When I bring it into Final Cut Pro to try to use the scale
option, it looks like it's been cropped (size correctly but only shows
the upper left 1/4 of image).

I also tried DVDxDV Pro which gives a frozen frame with full audio
rather than the video. I also tried Cinematize which gives 352x240
video. However, I want to create a 720x480 file for use in Final Cut
Pro.

What software will give me the best quality upscaling the image so
that I can work with it? I know it's going to be a little muddy. But I
need to rip it, apply some filters and reauthor back to DVD.

Any indeas?