[MacDV] VCR to DVD Strategy

sgtgeorgecarter sgtgeorgecarter at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 12:14:51 PDT 2006

On 4/10/06, Nick Scalise <nickscalise at cox.net> wrote:
> > From: Patty Winter <patty1 at sonic.net>
>
> > I was going to suggest additional storage to Dennis, also, but I hadn't
> > thought of homebrewing. I know that when I buy a name-brand drive, it
> > comes with the right drivers for Macs and works smoothly.
I've never had a problem with dropping a drive in an enclosure. Well
not in the past 4 years ;) Drivers are no longer and issue with USB &
firewire.

I got a great enclosure from Tigerdirect for 25.00. Dropped in an old
Fantom drive that had a bad bridge and now I have all my OS9 backups
back.

I generally have the odd enclosure around for recovery work.

> NewEgg.com has a Western Digital 320GB HD on sale for $115.00.

death before WD. I know there's the whole "it worked for me!!" Thing
but Every one that's been bought has failed. Every single one. I tell
my clients not to, but they go for the cheap and a couple months down
the road, I get the ZOMG it FAILED call.

YMMV
ecost.com, tigerdirect, newegg, pcmall... shop around for the HD.

Donna