[MacDV] Print to Video

Djwp djwp1 at comcast.net
Tue Apr 11 10:05:10 PDT 2006

I'm having trouble exporting a project out of Final Cut Pro to my
digital tape.  I have sound, but no picture.    Here are the details:

Digital Camera:  Sony DCR-TRV25
Final Cut Pro HD 4.5
The sequence is a completed project (no edits or effects within Final
Cut Pro), which I just imported and placed in the timeline.  I'm just
trying to use FCP to expot to tape.
Sequence Details: Frame Size 720x480, 29.97 fps, Motion JPegA, Audio
Stereo Uncompressed 48 KHz
Project file has been rendered completely in Final Cut Pro
  I used the Easy Setup, so the project is set up for DV-NTSC

The camera connection is recognized by Final Cut Pro.  The camera
screen is not blue, but does go black.  The sound comes through, but no
video.

Any hints?  Is there a setting that I'm missing?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  The Apple Discussion Board
appears to be down and I'm working on this today.

Thanks,
Jill