[MacDV] Re: Print to Video [update]

sb videovideo at mac.com
Sat Apr 15 10:09:30 PDT 2006

Final Cut Pro can output to a number of different video codecs.
If you want to connect your DV camcorder, you have to use the DV codec, DV
NTSC or DV PAL. This is the Sequence Setting to choose.
If you have a different type of video recorder, say, DVCPro 100 (HD) or a
Kona or Black Magic card, you can use higher resolution codecs.
If you are saving the file as a self contained FCP movie, you can use any of
the codecs, but you can't output to a DV camcorder unless your Timeline
Setting is set to DV NTSC or DV Pal, to match the camcorder you have.

Capture Settings and Sequence Settings must MATCH or you will get render
bars and if your Timeline is not set to DV you will NOT be able to output to
a DV camcorder.

Check Sequence setting by CMD-0.

 regards,

 sb