[MacDV] Re: was: final cut pro learning, NOW FCP Stereo audio

sb videovideo at mac.com
Sat Apr 22 10:09:34 PDT 2006

Go to the Capture Window (CMD-8)
Click on the middle tab, Clip Settings.
There is a pop up for the number of channels, you select two (though since
you are working in DV you probably can¹t change it)
Next to the track meters is a button that toggles between stereo and mono.
There is even a tooltip that displays these choices.

The other choice is to make your own preset.  In A/V settings, select the DV
NTSC. Choose Edit, which will make a copy. Re name the copy something like
DV NTSC Stereo. Now change the audio to stereo.

 hth,

 regards,

 sb