[MacDV] newbie needs help moving video from sony dvd403 cmcorder to macbookpro

Ford Albritton falbrit at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 29 12:19:03 PDT 2006

i am an apple newbie. i bought my macbook pro to start
video editting as
a hobby and to speed up my photo editting.

i cannot seem to find a way to import captured video
form the sony
handycam through usb2 port and while the dvds will
play through the usb
with the camcorder as a the player, there is no way to
extract the files
to a useable imovie format.

i have tried converting the files to mpeg on my xp
system using the
enclosed sony software which works fine on the pc BUT
the mpegs will not
open with quicktime and when i import them to the mac,
i also get a non
useable media error message.

if i could only extract the files from the dvd format itself....