[MacDV] iMovie to iWeb

Neville Thomas nevillet at clear.net.nz
Sat Aug 5 15:23:33 PDT 2006

I've been using i Movie since its early days and enjoy making amateur
movies and DVDs.
But now I' want to put some movie footage on my existing
(Genealogical) web site.
I don't use .Mac,  my web domain is hosted in New Zealand
Has anyone done this, other than with.Mac?
Is it practical?

My initial efforts have been very frustrating.
Publishing to a Folder seems complicated for me

In iMovie: Share/iWeb/Share for Web  (the movie is compressed)
In iWeb: Choose a template ("Movie")  "Publish to a Folder " creates
2 folders
Folder 1 contains "index.html" which can be opened in Safari
Folder 2 ("Site") contains the page elements.

But uploading all that to my existing web site (using "Fetch")
doesn't produce desired results.
I don't seem able to control where the elements go, and they produce
broken links.

Is iWeb really only useful for .Mac subscribers?

Neville Thomas in Auckland, New Zealand
Using latest versions of iMovie and iWeb