[MacDV] External hard drive for video work

Brett Conlon brett.conlon at sonydadc.com
Sun Dec 3 19:18:02 PST 2006

Hi Steve,

What's your thoughts on the speed difference between the 400 and 800
drive? Is it worth the extra cash outlay?

Coj

Stephen Orbach <parvenu at mac.com>
Sent by: macdv-bounces at listserver.themacintoshguy.com
04/12/06 02:06 PM
Please respond to
"A place to discuss digital video on Macintosh."
<macdv at listserver.themacintoshguy.com>

"A place to discuss digital video on Macintosh."
<macdv at listserver.themacintoshguy.com>
cc

Subject
Re: [MacDV] External hard drive for video work

I also have 2 G Raid drives (FW 800; 500 GB @) and have two LaCie drives
(400 and 800) that I have nervously watched for the past few years, w/o
incident. They were recomended  and sold to me by Teckserve, a reputable
Mac reseller and servicer in NYC. I also had heard they had a problem
w/the bridge ( I think it was Oxford 911 or 912 instead of 922, or
something like that ). Even tho' I have had no problems, I can't see
taking a chance, and can't wait for a Blue Ray disc drive to copy all my
files onto (soon, I hope).
Steve O