[MacDV] iDVD woes

JScal00 at aol.com JScal00 at aol.com
Sun Jan 8 14:55:23 PST 2006

In a message dated 1/8/06 2:25:36 PM, nevillet at clear.net.nz writes:

> I've been trying to burn a DVD of a iPhoto slideshow, but keep
> getting an unhelpful error message.
> Steps:
> capture photos
> assemble album (198 slides)
> add music
> make slideshow of album... no problems so far, previews and plays great
> "Share" & "Send to iDVD"  (settings: wipe-transition and repeat music)
> "Exporting Slideshow ... " appears to run and complete OK (takes 15
> minutes)
> iDVD launches
> Quit iMovie, ensure no other applications running
> Customise
> Supply blank DVD
> Creating, Prepare, Process Menu, Process Video, Encoding video...
> Then, after an hour, Message: "Burning Finished" "There were errors
> during the burning process"
> Clicking Ok gives another message "there was a problem during
> multiplexing/burning"
>
> The DVD  is still blank.
>
> ------- this has  happened three times in succession -----------
>
> So what happened?
> Any help appreciated
> Neville Thomas in Auckland NZ
>
> --- Macintosh G5 1.6 Ghz 1GB RAM,  Mac OS Tiger 10.4.3

Sorry I don't have an answer but I do have an alternative method of getting
the desired conclusion.

I do all my slide shows using imove HD and don't have a problem going to iDVD
from there. Couple plus's when using iMove is you have more control over what
pictures come up during certain words in a song (move pictures, shorten or
lengthen time of a picture) and chapter markers are very handy on a DVD as well.
One thing to note: When using iMovie it I think it must remain open until
burning is over.

If you're unable to correct your issue you might want to try using iMovie
rather than iPhoto.

Good luck.