[MacDV] Re: 23.98 fps when using Cinematize or DVDxDV

Dennis R. Cohen drcohen at mac.com
Tue Jan 10 16:32:34 PST 2006

On 1/10/06 at 5:46 PM, whoisquilty <whoisquilty at gmail.com> the following
electronic message:

>Hello -
>
>I keep getting Quicktime files with 23.98 FPS when I convert a DVD to
>MOV with both Cinematize and DVDxDV. I'm trying to create a NTSC file
>from the DVD. The frame is sized to 720x480. But the frame rate always
>comes out to 23.98. I ripped the files using Mac The Ripper 2.6.6.
>
>Any ideas what would cause this?

DVDxDV and Cinematize both default to encoding at what is called "NTSC
Film" rate -- 23.976 fps. If you check the frame rate of the VOB files
ripped by MtR, you'll see they're still at 29.97 fps. DVDxDV refers to
the as "3:2 Pulldown" -- you'll need to use DVDxDV Pro (or some other
converter) to avoid the pulldown implementation.

--
Dennis R. Cohen