[MacDV] Re: 23.98 fps when using Cinematize or DVDxDV

whoisquilty whoisquilty at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 05:31:47 PST 2006

Aaron -

Thanks for your advice and the link. This is making some sense (this
is a new realm for me).

With regard to this:

> (BTW, I'm curious why one would want to create a MOV file with a
> frame rate of ~30 fps if there really are only 24 frames per second
> in the original movie.)

I'm not sure that I have a choice in the matter. I need to edit the
converted video file. On importing into Final Cut Pro, FCP tells me
that the frame rate is 29.97 (when Quicktime tells me that it's ~24).
If I change the sequence settings in FCP to 24, the sequence needs to
be rendered. Leaving the frame rate at the default 29.97, it doesn't.

Will FCP adding the extra frames give me "jerky" video when I finish
the project to DVD?

Jer