[MacDV] Hardware MPEG Converter

Aaron macuser at aarons.fastmail.fm
Sat Jan 28 02:16:25 PST 2006

I'm not clear on what you want to convert to or from MPEG-2, but it seems to me that -- unless you're converting between analog and digital, in which case some kind of hardware is necessary -- the only advantage of a hardware converter would be speed. Unless you're doing large amounts of whatever conversion would be accelerated by a hardware converter, your time and money would be better spent on upgrading your computer -- or a nice vacation. ;-)

 - Aaron