[MacDV] RE: skipped frames in iM 4.0 output to DVD

KS ksay11081 at mac.com
Mon Jul 24 05:09:46 PDT 2006

Hi,

I just cut together a short 4:50 movie from (5) different videos.
These were ripped from DVDs all produced professionally by a two
different local post production firms.  I added five simple titles
and six or so fade out and fade ins.

When I burned the program to DVD using toast 6.07 the result is
skipping a few frames.  The sound and picture both play very well
except for the skipped frames problem.  The project was edited on a
Seagate 300G ext. HD.   I've never had this problem before.

Thinking the ext. HD was the problem, I copied the whole program onto
my PB G4 and tried several other burns using Toast 7.1 and had the
same frame skipping results.

Anybody have a suggestion on how to burn without the skipped frames?

Thanks,

Karl