[MacDV] Audio for the web.

Karl Hayden khayden at iol.ie
Tue Mar 14 18:57:28 PST 2006

Hi,

Sorry if this seems a bit away from the normal stuff discussed on the
list, but I am looking for advice on something. I video recorded a
charity show last Sunday at which there was an opening monologue
which ran for about 20mins. A number of people have asked if the
audio part of the recording can be extracted and used on the web. I
know how to extract the audio, but I am not sure what way to format
the audio for use on the web.

I will be using QuickTime to do this. I know the audio file needs to
be as small as possible without losing so much quality that is can
not be understood. First thing I guess is to convert it from stereo
to mono, next what format is best for the web... wav, mpg, aiff..... ???

What settings do you suggest I should use in the 'Sound Settings'
options.

Any advice would be welcomed as this is my first time to use a
recoding for the web.

Karl Hayden