[MacDV] Slide show approach

rgb at ellerbach.com rgb at ellerbach.com
Wed Mar 22 07:17:37 PST 2006

On Wed, March 22, 2006 10:02 am, David R Schaefer said:

> I agree for bringing into iMovie.  But if you need a frame shot
> coming out of iMovie, the 72 dpi does have meaning for printing/
> quality.  Yep the quality is BAD!!

Actually (and very pedantically) I disagree. What comes out of iMovie is
640 x 480 pixels. The dpi value is not in existence *until* it is being
readied for print and you want to know how big an image will be on the
paper. I can print that iMovie frame at 300dpi (actually ppi) and it'll be
~ 2 x 1.5 inches in size and look not too terribly bad.

Rich