[MacDV] Photoshop resolution for DV?

Dominion Market Research ross at dmrmail.com
Tue Nov 7 06:37:30 PST 2006

Mark,

PhotoToMovie is a stand alone program. <http://www.lqgraphics.com/>
You can download a free trial from their site. I've used PTM for some
past productions and found it fairly easy to use.

On a new project I'm going to want to add motion to some stills and
have been learning how to do that within Final Cut Express. While
it's not as easy as PTM or iMovie, it is possible and you don't have
to export the PTM file and import to FCE. Author Tom Wolsky has a
short tutorial on his web site.
<http://www.fcpbook.com/Motion%20Control%20in%20FCE.html>

Thus far I've found PTM easier to use if I want to add complex
movement or want to use multiple images. Simple motion is fairly
straight forward in FCE. The tutorial deals with multiple images, but
I haven't tried that yet.

Ross Hunter
Orange, VA

--
Dominion Market Research-mailing services for Central Virginia
309 Madison Road