[MacDV] How much HD space do I need?

Neil Poese npoese at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 9 03:17:19 PST 2006

Yup, you've got to get an external FW drive. 250 gigs is a good start since storage is so cheap now. You'll find a lot of discussion on the various brands of drives, and after having owned dozens of drives that I've used in school video labs, right now I'm happiest with the new drives that Promax carries. They've been around since the beginning of DV and generally carry the best stuff. I always prefer a drive with a fan to one without. Your Mac does have enough RAM, doesn't it?

Neil