[MacDV] FCE to dvd help

Joan Keenan janjay at mac.com
Fri Nov 10 04:46:56 PST 2006

Good morning all,

I know this was discussed before and I thought I understood what to
do, but am running into some difficulty and seem to have confused
myself!!! more than usual.
I have a video that I completed in Final Cut Express 3.5HD. I
exported straight to QuickTime which does not give me any options as
to settings. Then used Toast movie menu to burn the dvd. This works,
but the movie then has the letterbox look although I did not select
it and the originals are all 4:3.

Then I tried to export as QuickTime conversion and played with the
options there....this failed.

Then I did a regular export to QT and opened in iDVD and set menus
and then created a disk image. Now I am trying to burn that image
using Toast as I remember this being recommended. What I'm not sure
of is how to do the disk image in toast....Do I mount it on my
desktop first and drag the 2 folders to the data panel? When I did
that I got a dvd that played on my player, but after about 5 minutes
started freezing.....I thought this was the workaround to avoid that
problem.

Can anyone summarize the best way to burn 30 minute video from FCE to
a dvd. Please spell out any little adjustments you make....like
exactly how to burn the image :-) Of course I am at crunch time with
this video....isn't that usually when things go wrong???? Previously
I've worked with iMovie and had few problems that I couldn't solve in
burning.

I'm on digest, so could you please copy any reponses to me.

Many thanks,

Joan Keenan
janjay at mac.com

MacMIni166 GHz Intel Core Duo