[MacDV] video dvd duplication problem

Joan Keenan janjay at mac.com
Sun Nov 12 07:18:33 PST 2006

Hope someone can help.

I have a dvd video that I authored and burned to dvd a couple of
years ago. I have different copies and am getting the same problem
with all of them. The "master" that I used to duplicate using an
external duplicator. I made over 50 copies at that time with only a
few problem disks...now when I put it in the duplicator it gets to
99% and then says there is a disk error bad media....the ejected disk
seems to play ok but I didn't want to take a chance....I tried an
older media....same results, I then tried several different dvd
versions that I had and same problem...

Then I decided to try Toast to make a copy.....get an error message
near the end that says I/O problem disk may be copy protected!!!!!NOT!!!

I then tried to make a disc image....again an error message.....

I tried copying the folders to Toast manually and when I go to burn I
get several different errors with different files!!!!

I tried this on both my older PowerBook which was used originally!
and my newer mac mini Intel.....no difference

What could be going on????

No, like an idiot I did not save a disk image of it! I saved the
origiinal files and saved it as an iDVD.proj....but now that I am
using a newer version of iDVD....that doesn't work.

This was supposed to be an easy duplication of an older video as I
work on the new one!!!!!

Any ideas.

Joan Keenan
janjay at mac.com