[MacDV] Clip On Microphones

Darrell Hahn hahndl at shaw.ca
Thu Nov 23 15:41:22 PST 2006

On 23-Nov-06, at 4:01 PM, revDAVE wrote:

> I would like to find out what make and model of clip on microphone
> would be
> best for making fairly high quality - budget friendly videos.
>
> Q: What makes and models do they usually use on professional broadcast
> quality television new shows/interviews etc.? Is there a budget
> friendly
> version that is still good?
>
> - Is there yet another version - that possibly might have a
> microphone with
> a USB connection?
>

> --
> Thanks - RevDave
> CoolCat at hosting4days.com
> [db-lists]

Hi RevDave,

Not sure if you can use the words cheap (budget friendly) and good in
the same sentence regarding microphones. What are you planning to use
it for (podcasting)?

Samson makes a USB mic that seems to get generally favourable reviews
(no experience...you're on your own).

http://www.macintouch.com/samsonc01u.html

It's about $80 US.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000AP1RE8/macintoucwebsite/
ref=nosim

Logitech and Plantronics make USB headsets (earphones and microphone
in one unit), but not sure if that qualifies for "good" or if the
form factor appeals to you. I use the Logitech 350 headset and it's
fine for general voice and reasonably inexpensive ($20 CDN
refurbed).  They retail for around $70 I think.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/
EN,CRID=103,CONTENTID=10013

Have no idea about the Plantronics, which retail for around $90 CDN.

http://www.plantronics.com/north_america/en_US/products/cat640035/
cat640035/prod440042

Regards,
-D.

Coram Deo — Before the face of God — Living life in the presence of
God, under His authority, and for His honor and glory.

http://www.fcchurch.ca