[MacDV] Clip On Microphones

Tim Selander selander at tkf.att.ne.jp
Thu Nov 23 18:04:06 PST 2006

The subject of mics is very subjective -- everyone has favorites
for different reasons. The mic I have the most experience with is
the Sony ECM-77 lav mic. Very small, very good quality audio.
It's the main mic we use when doing interviews for broadcast. You
can find them used in the $150 to $250 range. The older ECM-44
also sounds very good, but has a much larger (noticeable)
capsule. I picked up one of those used for about $80, I think.

Tim Selander
Tokyo, Japan