[MacDV] Fw: DVD Studio Pro slideshows look low res

Brett Conlon brett.conlon at sonydadc.com
Tue Oct 3 20:07:48 PDT 2006

Thnaks for your feedback Colt & Jim.

I talked to a colleague the other day and he recommended cropping the 4:3
pics (PAL) as 768 X 576 then resampling them to 720 X 576 in a similar
vain to creating 16:9 menus at 1024 X 576 then resampling to 720 X 576.
This is because of the difference between the square pixels of the
computer vs. the rectangular pixels of TV.

I haven't given it a go yet but I'll try with a short test and see if that
makes a difference. Basically I'm trying to avoid DSPro resampling the
images for me if they are the wrong size.... at least that seems to be
where the issue is coming from.

Coj

James Asherman <jimash at optonline.net>
Sent by: macdv-bounces at listserver.themacintoshguy.com
04/10/06 12:56 PM
Please respond to
"A place to discuss digital video on Macintosh."
<macdv at listserver.themacintoshguy.com>

"A place to discuss digital video on Macintosh."
<macdv at listserver.themacintoshguy.com>
cc

Subject
Re: [MacDV] Fw: DVD Studio Pro slideshows look low res