[MacDV] Final Cut Express ghost help

Joan Keenan janjay at mac.com
Tue Oct 10 04:38:16 PDT 2006

Hi all,

I'm new to Final Cut Express and am trying to assemble a series of
about 10 short sequences into a final sequence. I have been able to
drag the sequences into order and play as the final video. The
problem I am encountering is in couple of sequence where there are
short slips fading in and out over the main clip. i.e. teacher
talking about playing jacks, fade in hand throwing jacks, and back to
main footage fade in picking up jacks, back to main clip. These work
fine in the sequence, but twice now in the large sequence the fade
ins start in the wrong place and then repeat in the correct
place....when the individual sequence is double clicked the fade ins
are in the right place! and don't exist where they show up!!! The
ghost clips are haunting me.

So far the only solution has been to go back to the original
sequence, delete the clip involved and reinsert....then replace the
sequence in the final video. So far it has happened twice with
different clips....each time when there are a couple of short fadeins
and outs.

Any ideas what to do to avoid this???

Joan Keenan

Mac Mini intel 2 gb ram