[MacDV] No firewire port in the new HDR HD camcorder HDR-SR1 from Sony!

Colt Freeman cfreeman at liberty.edu
Sat Sep 23 09:20:18 PDT 2006

WHAT?! No firewire? They are MAD firewire has always been superior to USB.
Not to mention that the current devices that do Hard Disk Recording are
firewire. I very much doubt that many people will jump on Hard Disk
Recording as the ONLY option, I would much rather do both. That way I have
the tape for backup, HD are much more susceptible to problems than a tape
is. I don't want to shoot all day and risk something happening to it.

Not to mention most all computers now days have firewire AND usb, why not
use the one that is tailored to A/V? It's shown before that it's so much
faster.

Ergh, this is soo dumb.

Regards,
-Colt Freeman

www.coltfreeman.com
Contagious Ideal Productions
Liberty: University Relations Campus Photographer
Champion Photography Editor
(919) 441-6401