[MacDV] QT software?

Wilhelm Wanders kaskudoo at gmx.de
Sun Sep 24 15:52:20 PDT 2006

3ivx is a video codec.
as for audio, quicktime will often give you problems, when there is
an avi file containing a mp3 audio. VLC should do the trick then.
very problematic are also matroska video files. sometimes i run into
trouble with ogg streams ....

as for the divx video files with mp3 audio (e.g. in an avi container
file) try to use 'divx doctor' to convert the audio - takes a minute
and then should work in quicktime. i think it was also available on
the 3ivx site.

VLC is my preferred video player (it also streams ogg files, which
itunes cannot) and it has sooo many other advanced features.